This delicious recipe for a berry cobbler came on the inside of a pan box. I made it today – and I have to hurry up with this post cause the dessert is waiting for me to eat it…
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups berries (anything goes, really. I used one of those boxes of frozen raspberries from Superstore and some blackberries I had in the freezer)
- baking soda
- optional: cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven at 350F.
- Pour softened butter/ margarine in the pan (being in a hurry, I just put the butter in the pan, and then put the pan in the oven while it is heating up. Remove when melted).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, the sugar and the milk. Add some 1 tsp of baking soda dissolved in a few drops of lemon juice. Pour everything in the pan, over the melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional. I usually keep cinnamon sticks in the sugar jar, so the sugar is always imbued with cinnamon essence)
- Add the berries and leave in the oven for 30-45 minutes.