Got some green beans and don’t know what to do with them? How about a colorful, sweet-and-salty side dish to go with your chicken, fish, beef or pork?
- 500 gr green beans
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 100 – 200 gr. feta cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- agave syrup (honey, maple syrup are good substitutes)
– Wash the beans (you can use either previously frozen or fresh beans) and the pepper. Cut peppers lengthwise.
– Peel and cut the onion lengthwise as well.
– Throw beans, peppers and onion in a large bowl.
– In a separate bowl, mix 1-2 Tbsp olive oil with 1tsp balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tsp agave syrup. Add salt, pepper and basil, and pour over the veggies. Mix well.
– Place in oven-proof dish and bake at 375F for 20-30 minutes (or until beans are crisp).
– Remove from oven, add the crumbled feta cheese and mix well. Bake for 10 more minutes.
Tip: the creamier the feta, the better the results.