The only problem with these easy-to-make, delicious bites is that they disappear quicker than planned! The creamier the Feta, the better the mushrooms. The baked zucchini is equally tasty and all you have to do is brush it with a vinaigrette sauce.
Ingredients for the baked zucchini
- 1 zucchini, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp agave syrup (or honey)
- salt, pepper and basil
– Simply mix all ingredients (except the zucchini, of course). Brush the sauce over the sliced zucchini and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or so (or throw them on the BBQ)!
Ingredients for stuffed mushrooms
- 10 big white mushrooms
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes
- 3 – 4 Tbsp Feta cheese
- 1 tsp diced onion
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
– Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. Place them cap up on a baking tray.
– Dice the tomatoes. In a bowl, mix them with the diced onion and the Feta cheese.
– Add spice, oil, and balsamic vinegar. Mix well.
– Using a teaspoon, fill each mushroom cap with a small amount of the Feta cheese mixture.
– Bake for 30 – 45 minutes.