An online recipe inspired me to try this zucchini and squash frittata. The end result was an omelette with lots of veggies: both the zucchini and the squash give it a sweet taste, while the Feta cheese balances the sweetness with a salty taste.
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 small squash (I had an acorn squash)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 2-3 sundried tomatoes (soaked in hot water for 20 minutes)
- 3-5 Tbsp milk
- salt, pepper, basil
- crumbled Feta cheese (to taste)
– Peel and slice the zucchini, the squash and the onion. The thinner the slices, the better.
– Arrange the vegetables in an oven proof dish. Add the chopped sundried tomatoes and sprinkle the Feta cheese on top.
– In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, the milk and the spices. Pour the eggs over the vegetables.
– Bake for 35 – 45 minutes in the oven.