Here’s an easy way out for next week’s lunch/ dinner: turkey meatloaf. It’s easy to prepare and you’ll have less meat but more veggies.
- 1/2 big onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 2 slices of bread, soaked in milk
- 4 garlic cloves
- 250 gr. mushrooms, chopped
- 2 roasted peppers (tip: buy them to save time, you can find them in the pickles sections in jars)
- 500 gr. lean ground turkey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt, pepper, parsley and some wheatlets or bread crumbs (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pan and add onion, garlic and celery stick. Cook until brown or translucent (5 min.).
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool down.
- In a big bowl, mix turkey with grated carrot. Add salt, pepper and parsley to taste. Chop the roasted peppers and add them too.
- Soak the bread slices in milk. Discard the milk and incorporate the bread into the turkey mixture.
- Incorporate onion mix from the pan into the turkey.
- Lightly beat the 2 eggs and add them to the turkey mixture as well.
- Place turkey mixture into a loaf pan and sprinkle with wheatlets or bread crumbs (optional).
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 45 minutes or until done.
Turkey with carrot, roasted peppers and parsley.