I am not a big fan of pasta for a variety of reasons, but I ran out of ideas for a quick dinner and grabbed a pack of Ziggy’s spinach and cheese ravioli from Superstore (around 230 calories per serving). The outcome? Ravioli with veggies!
Ingredients: 1 pack of Ziggy’s spinach and cheese ravioli, 1 carrot, 2 bell peppers (try yellow and orange for aesthetic reasons), 3 tomatoes, 3 green onions, 1 celery stick, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 Tbsp oil, 2 Tbsp white wine, salt and pepper to taste.
- 1. Bring a pot with salted water to boil and throw in the pasta. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Drain water and set aside.
- 2. Peel and grate the carrot. Set aside.
- 3. Wash and coarsely cut all remaining veggies. Set chopped tomatoes apart.
- 4. In a frying (or wok) pan, heat the oil and add the onion, the celery and the bell pepper. Sauté lightly.
- 5. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, mixing the veggies constantly.
- 6. Add grated carrot, spices and wine. Add some water if needed (almost no liquid). Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- 7. Pour over the pasta, mix well and bring to quick boil (5 more minutes). Voila, dinner is ready!