I don’t know how you usually cook zucchinis, but this can be a tasty alternative. It’s a bit more time-consuming, as it requires that the zucchinis are first grated, then boiled and then tossed in the oven. Although you could use any type of cheese, I would strongly recommend you stick with feta for this recipe.
You’ll need: 5-6 zucchinis, 200-300 gr. feta, 1 tbsp white flour, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tbsp butter.
- Peel the zucchini and coarsely grate them.
- Bring water to boil, then add the zucchini and continue boiling for 10 -15 minutes.
- In a small frying pan, melt the butter and add the flour. Incorporate the milk, little by little, stirring continuously.
- Drain the zucchini and put them in an oven-proof dish.
- Add the white sauce and crumble the feta on top. Mix and put in the oven for 30 minutes or until done (350F).