||If you like dark chocolate and biscotti, than this is a recipe for you. You’ll need: 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup oil, dark chocolate (bulk), crystallized ginger (bulk) and walnuts.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the egg and the egg yolk. Add sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. The batter will become very dense and you’ll probably have to use a wooden spoon to mix it.
- Melt dark chocolate and pour over the batter. Mix well.
- Add walnuts and chopped crystallized ginger. Mix well.
- Using your hands, divide the batter in two and shape it into a log. Place the two logs on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes (note: leave some space between the logs, because they will flatten).
- Take out of the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, then slice the logs and bake for an extra 5 minutes (do not bake them for longer or they will crumble).
- Enjoy them with green tea!
Recipe from wholeliving