Here’s another way of cooking ground bison. The dish is not very complicated, but it will require at least 2 pots and one pan to prepare… You’ll need: 1 cup of white rice, 300 gr ground bison, 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, 1 onion, 3-4 garlic cloves, oil, cooking wine, salt, pepper, basil and parsley (optional: saffron threads).
- In a medium pot, bring to boil water and cook peas and carrots. Drain and set aside.
- Fill the pot with water again, and cook the rice (1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water. If using saffron threads, dissolve in a little bit of hot water, then add to rice). When rice is tender, drain it well and mix with peas and carrots.
- Dice the onion and the garlic.
- In a large frying pan, saute the onion and the garlic in a little bit of oil. Add bison meat, sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil and parsley. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add cooking wine.
- In an oven proof dish, put the rice, peas and carrots in one layer. Add the meat on top and mix. Put in the oven (350F) for 30 minutes (lid on to prevent it from drying out).
- Serve warm, with pickles on the side.