You’ve probably done this already, but it only hit me yesterday that I could make my own chocolate covered pretzels. The best ones I had in Calgary so far were the made-in-alberta Pretzel Twists (Country Market Gourmet Foods). You can find them at the Bay for $3/ 100gr. But with $3 I can make half a kilo of my own chocolate covered pretzels! And what a nice Christmas present they would make!
- In a pan, melt over medium heat some 300 gr of dark chocolate. If you wanna be fancy, melt in a separate pan some white chocolate.
- When chocolate is melted, add a bit of vanilla essence and 1-2tsp cinnamon. Mix well then pour in a small bowl or cup.
- Quickly dip each pretzel into the chocolate mixture, then put on a cookie sheet. If using white chocolate, drizzle a bit over the pretzels to create an uneven pattern.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Make sure you don’t eat them all at once…