Turns out ‘mushroom’ is the most sought-after keyword that brings people to this blog. So, if you are one of the mushroom-people 😉 give this quick appetizer a try – you will love it! I enjoyed it more with crackers (the President Choice multi-grain crackers from Superstore), but the initial recipe was for bruschetta. You’ll need: mushrooms – some 400gr of mushrooms – mix white mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, enokitake mushrooms, oysters mushrooms (really, anything you find! dried mushrooms work as well), 1 tbsp sour cream, 1 onion, oil, cooking wine, roasted pine nuts, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Wash and slice all mushrooms.
- Cut onion and saute for 2-3 minutes in a large pan with a bit of oil.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add a bit of cooking wine, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, mixing constantly.
- When mushrooms are almost done, add the basil.
- Put them in a bowl, add the sour cream and mix.
- Add roasted pine nuts and mix.
- Serve on crackers or toasted baguette.