Got those fall yellow and green zucchini and don’t know what to do with them? Try a stew – you can then pair it with meat, or just eat it on its own, or with, say falafel. It’s not difficult at all to make it and it stores well in the fridge for up to a week. You’ll need some 5-7 zucchinis, 2-3 cooking tomatoes (or canned diced tomatoes), 1 onion, basil, parsley, salt, pepper and a bit of oil.
- Peel and cut zucchini into cubes. Set aside (but don’t leave for too long, as they change color. If you need to store for a few hours or so, cover them with cold water or milk).
- If using raw tomatoes, sink them in boiling water for a couple of minutes, then remove skin and cut into pieces. Set aside.
- Peel and cut onion. In a cooking pot, add a bit of oil and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add zucchinis, little by little, mixing to incorporate them. If needed, add a bit of water.
- Add diced tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Let boil. Towards the end, add basil and parsley.