What to do with some pieces of fresh (or canned) pineapple that you don’t wanna eat anymore and some yam you didn’t use? Just make a pineapple and yam cake! You’ll need: 1 and 1/4 cup of oil or butter, 2 cups sugar, 2 cups flour, 2 tsp cinnamon, salt, baking soda, 4 eggs, 3 cups grated yam, 1 cup pineapple, and 1 cup walnuts.
- Mix the melted butter (or oil) with sugar.
- Add flour, cinnamon and baking soda (I always mix the baking soda with 1 tsp of lemon juice first).
- Add 4 eggs, one at a time.
- Incorporate 3 yams, pineapple and walnuts (if the mixture is too thick and sticky, add a bit of milk or water).
- Pour into a big cake pan and put in the oven (350F) for one hour or until done.