Lila at Lime and Lemon inspired me for this easy and delicious dessert (her version here). Pineapples are very good these days, and you can find lots of them in Safeway, Superstore and Coop. The version I made last night included: 1/2 pineapple, 1 banana, 250 ml whipping cream, some 6-8 social biscuits, raisins and a bit of rum.
- Peel and cut the pineapple. Use 1/2 (if pineapple is big).
- In a bowl, break the biscuits, pour a bit of rum, and add the raisins. With a fork, mash them thoroughly. Add as much of the pineapple juice as you have available (if you have some juice in the house, that would work too. Or just a bit of water).
- Add the sliced banana and the pineapple.
- Beat the whipping cream and add as much as needed.
- Put everything in small serving dishes and leave in the fridge for some 10-15 minutes to cool down.
As I said: fresh, quick and delicious!