This soup is so easy to make, it would be a shame not to try it. You’ll need: 2-3 yams, 2-3 carrots, 1/2 celery root, 1 onion, 2-3 garlic cloves, 1/2 cup milk, oil, salt, pepper, curry. Optional, you could throw in other root veggies.
- First, peel and cut into cubes all the root veggies.
- Finely cut onion and fry it in a bit of oil. Do it in the pot where you’ll cook the soup, so make sure it’s big enough. Add garlic cloves.
- Once the onion turned translucent, pour 2-3 cups of water and add all the root veggies.
- When the veggies are soft, add salt and pepper. Mash the veggies (I do it by hand, but if you have a food processor, that works too).
- Add the curry and the 1/2 cup milk and stir. Let boil for 5 more minutes, remove and serve hot.