My friend G sent me this recipe for a delicious cake:
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tangerines/mandarins
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- vanilla essence
- Cointreau liqueur
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Melt the butter, then mix it with the sugar, the vanilla and the cocoa. Let the mix boil while you mash the bananas, cut the mandarins in tiny little pieces and mix them with the flour, the cinnamon and the baking powder. Remove the butter mix from heat and beat in the three eggs, one at a time. Add in the flour/fruits mix. Stir gently.
- Put the resulting dough in a pan covered with baking sheet. Bake until the toothpick comes out clean – 15 to 20 minutes tops. Let it cool in the pan, then sprinkle it with Cointreau.
- It comes out as a not very sweet, but moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside cake. Could work with any kind of nuts too, if roasted ahead.
Great with milk or coffee. Or both.