Salmon is one of the most common types of fish available in Calgary. Here’s an easy and very tasty way of cooking it. I’ve got the recipe from the World Healthies Foods, so if you want more ingredients or more precise instructions, check them out. I had the fish today, with the Moroccan-Style Carrots as a side dish, and it was just amazing!
- a piece of salmon
- 1 bunch asparagus
- lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp dill
- 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Wash and trim asparagus. Put in steamer with salt and pepper and 1 garlic clove.
- Wash the salmon, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Squeeze half lemon on it, then pour a bit of oil. Store in fridge for some 30 minutes to marinate.
- Steam salmon. For enhanced taste, crush 1 garlic clove on top of the salmon.
- Prepare sauce for salmon: mix Dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, dill, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve salmon on top of asparagus, with a bit of the sauce.