Mushrooms are among my favorites, probably because they are full of proteins (and I am a meat lover). I usually buy the white ones from Superstore, and I prepare them with tomatoes. The mushrooms can be served as a main or side dish.
- 600-700 gr. mushrooms
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- spices such as basil, oregano, thyme, parsley.
- cooking wine (optional)
- Wash mushrooms well and cut them into smaller pieces.
- In a large pan (a pot also works), heat the oil and add chopped onion and garlic (leave for 2-3 minutes).
- Add mushrooms, stirring. Leave for some 2-3 minutes (keep on stirring, otherwise they’ll get burnt).
- Add diced tomatoes. Bring to boil. For enhanced taste, pour a bit of cooking wine.
- Add salt, pepper, and spices. It’s always best to add spices towards the end, when mushrooms are cooked.